Hair Loss and the Effect on our Appearance
The normal hair cycle lasts for about two to three years, with each hair strand growing about a centimeter each month. Around 90% of the hair on your head is growing at any time while the remaining 10% will be in what is called a resting phase. After three to four months pass, resting hair falls off to be replaced by new hair. As part of its growth cycle, hair must fall off in order to be replaced. Hair loss happens every day so it is normal to see strands of hair stuck to your hair brush or on your hands or shoulders. However, there is also such a thing as excessive hair loss and this is what concerns a lot of people. Unfortunately, no one is safe from hair loss because men, women, and even children can suffer from it.
Your hair is considered to be your crowning glory and is one of the things that people first notice about you. As such, you can say that your hair contributes a lot to your appearance. How hair loss has an effect on your appearance generally depends on how much hair loss you are talking about. Hair loss drastically affects how you look mainly only if it is severe enough to actually change your hair style.
It can be hard to deal with hair loss because of the direct hit that your self-esteem can take from it. And while it may take you a while to accept it, there is fortunately a way to manage hair loss so it complements your appearance instead of ruining it. You have to accept first though that your appearance is superficial and it is what;s inside you that count the most. This will be difficult but take to heart that no amount of hair or lack of it will change who you are inside. You are you. Hair or no hair.